The Key to My Heart has been.....destroyed!

   I refuse to Let you in. I command myself to lock my fragile heart- to keep it safe from being destroyed. I can no longer hold on to something that wasn't even mine to begin with. I have turned my life around just to make you my everything when in the end i was left with nothing...
    My Heart and Mind  has been made into a keepsake that is infested with memories of us. It's pathetic how a familiar scent can lead me back to you. Its sad how the feel of your touch against my skin still lingers. The warmth of your body against mine is so far away yet I long for it. It seems now more then ever that memories of us haunt me. I hate the fact that everything I see is a reminder of who you were. Every single one of our events..from smallest to the most important is placed in the keepsake. We once planned to gather everything we've built and grow into something larger then life. I've come to realize it was never written in our destiny to belong with one another. I have to grow strong without you. It is time to get rid of our keepsake. Together we promised to protect the key that kept safe the proof that our love once existed. You abandoned our key...everything we worked for you have left on its own. Now it's time for me to face reality, take hold of the key, lock away our keepsake, and destroy every evidence of the key ever existing.

Comments

Popular Posts