Love gets better with Age


   

 I saw this older couple from a far holding each other & couldn't help but wish that would be me one day. Old & Happy & still in Love. You know what was the first thing that crossed my mind?... Us! How I once saw other couples do the same but I didn't hurt because I had all the same things.I was so sure of myself that I'd always have you by my side. How naive & stupid was I to think forever would always be us. It seemed so real. We almost had it...I kind of wish we still did. Maybe we'll never know how growing old  together might be. Maybe it was for the best. Maybe I might find someone who will be my forever love. Whatever happens...I hope it's true love. I hope I can make it to the day when I look back on all these thoughts and tell myself how unsure and  unexperienced I was. I want to look back and say maybe if I knew my amazing soul-mate would be waiting maybe I wouldn't be so scared of the future.I just wish the outcome of all this pain is worth every tear I have cried. I want to grow old and happy with someone. At the moment I wish it was you...but if it isn't please know I once dreamed of our lives bring together. For now...I guess I'll have to wait & see & in the mean time i'll keep looking up to the love shared between the elderly couple... (04-08-2012)

     I remember being at the "Houston Ballet" when I saw this elderly couple holding each other. The wounds from my "break up" were fresh and it hurt yet brought me inspiration. I haven't yet found love again but I now am a bit stronger and look forward to what's in store for my future...

Comments

Popular Posts