Trying to Remember..

I tried to remember the tone of your laugh & for a split second I couldn't.
I wanted to bring back your image although I know I shouldn't.
I tried to remember the warmth of your eyes but you seemed so far away.
Although I wanted you erased from my mind in reality I wish your memories would stay.
I wish I could run my fingers through your soft dark hair like I once did...
...but you are so far away & that may never happen.

      I remember this being written on my very first performance of the new year of 2012. The "break up" was fresh and I felt alone and destroyed. I wanted to relive memories all over again. Its so hard to let go of memories that once made you smile. Then one day you wake up & realize things just end so better things can begin. I wish I knew then what I know now...

Comments

Popular Posts